Under Armour is the world’s third largest sportswear brand after Nike and Adidas. Under Armour forayed into the India market in March 2017 by entering into a strategic alliance with Amazon.in to promote and sell their products to all Under Armour aficionados. Under Armour is the pioneer in the field of performance apparel, sportswear and footwear engineered to empower athletes to level up their game and carve out a niche.
The reputation of Under Armour is outstanding for all their product lines and the consumers across the globe admire the brand for their innovative and technology-enabled stylish top-of-the-line product offerings.
Best Under Armour Men Shoes
The Under Armour Micro G Pursuit integrates the brand’s technology and innovation offering a robust, lightweight and breathable shoe that makes running a breeze.
- The upper is exceptionally breathable and lightweight as it made of mesh which helps in ventilation to make sure that your feet are subjected to constant airflow
- This versatile shoe features foam padding that runs across the ankle collar taking the level of comfort to a whole new level
- There is foam padding under the tongue as well to reduce foot fatigue
- It provides effective arch support that distributes pressure across your feet for greater stability and balance
- The midsole is made of high rebound Micro G® foam – this unibody midsole construction protects the foot from shocks when you land on uneven surface
- EVA sockliner is built in to add fit and comfort while traversing rocky and rough trails.
- The outsole is equipped to provide better traction
- The look of the shoe is not that attractive and finish lacks the oomph factor
This shoe is a comfortable running shoe that offers great support to satiate the demands of high-end performance go-getters.
- The upper is made of engineered mesh making it breathable and is extremely light weight
- This lace-up closure shoe accommodates external heel counter for auxiliary support by locking the back of the foot in a fixed position
- Dual density midsole coupled with Micro G foam embedded in the shoe amplifies comfort
- The Under Armour proprietary Charged Cushioning midsole offers better shock absorption and responsiveness
- The sockliner provides added comfort and can be removed
- It has durable rubber outsole for unmatched wear resistance
- It is equipped with 360-degree reflective pieces so that your presence is conspicuous.
- Few customers have expressed their dissatisfaction as the strength of adhesive used to bond the sole and the upper fades away.
UA HOVR Infinite has all at its disposal – bounce, responsiveness, high rebound, technology, durability and power – perfect for runners who are obsessed with fitness. Winner of 2019 Runner’s World “Recommended” Award – makes this shoe best in its class – exemplary combination of performance and technology.
- Under Armour ‘s HOVR technology – the brand’s new footwear cushioning technology which gives you a feeling of “zero gravity” and empowers you to take steps with high-octane energy even after high impact.
- It is loaded with the power of technology – UA’s Record Sensor™ technology connects to UA MapMyRun app seamlessly to get you the lowdown on all the running metrics by tracking and analyzing so that you emerge victorious in pursuit of excellence.
- The outsole houses the carbon rubber traction pods that are strategically located under the heel to slay impact in style and render traction.
- One-piece EVA sockliner takes the shape of feet to give you optimum underfoot comfort.
- The upper is made of mesh which is engineered to make it lightweight and breathable so that your feet are well ventilated.
- This shoe is compatible with MapMyRun only
- Bluetooth connection takes time to establish and at times, malfunctions
Under Armour Charged Bandit 5 is all about affordable all-rounder trainers – it comes with all the proprietary elements of Under Armour particularly built for neutral runners.
- It comes with 8 mm heel drop for great thrust from the ground – perfect for neutral runners whose feet do not roll in even an extra bit.
- It has two-toned mesh upper construction which helps in better ventilation and is lighter in weight.
- It features molded collar locks in the heel module to keep the distractions at bay and most importantly, to keep your feet nestled in a softness
- Charged cushioning midsole and integrated EVA sockliner provides extra cushioning and high rebound with greater responsive ride
- The outsole is made of solid rubber which makes impact less felt
- According to a customer, the shoe is little narrow which causes foot pain on prolonged usage
- Few customers who have had nitpicked opined that it is not ideal for heel-striker as the heel is bit hardened
- The Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 3.0 is a lightweight and versatile shoe empowered with UA AMP technology that gives you a fit making you easy to excel.
- UA AMP technology that picks the contours of the arches of your foot to help you adapt while running on uneven or slopping surfaces.
- The upper is made of fully knit upper and is light weight helping you to steer ahead quickly.
- The lacing system is unique and comes to the rescue by providing lockdown stability in the forefoot
- It features an overlay strap made of suede disallowing feet movement once it is fastened.
- Multi-lace saddle is a unique lacing system that helps to keep the foot locked in one place – firmly and securely and helps in achieving a snug fit.
- Between the foot and midsole lies an unique open floating void space helping you to gain fluidic advantage because the movement of the arches is not hindered – keeping your feet relaxed and superior flexibility.
- One-piece Micro G foam midsole transforms impacts into thrust to deliver more
- The rubber pattern that overlay outsole strengthens grip and traction
- According to few customers, as far as the fit is concerned, it is slightly tight bringing down the level of comfort that is not expected from a UA trainer
The UA HOVR Sonic 2 is a popular option for fitness enthusiasts having a penchant for flexibility without lugging gravity – gives you instant feeling of zero gravity as soon as you step into one of these – thanks to UA HOVR technology.
- This shoe has a sensor built in that can connect to Under Armour MapMyRun app in a breeze and gain access to loads of information captured by the shoe – never miss out tracking important metrics related to your running around such as distance, pace, length of stride, credence. You can leave your phone at home and focus on your running – this smart shoe logs data all by itself as soon as you to start running – once home sync the data captured to your app.
- Get sensational ‘zero gravity feel’ – thanks to UA HOVR technology –
- The upper has pronounced design and is made of micro-thread which is breathable – gear up to pamper your feet with great ventilation.
- Hover Sonic 2 is made for fitness junkies who run on a regular basis which is why the synergy of foam laden with unique HOVR technology and much evolved compression-mesh Energy Web drives energy return to you upon impact. The energy web thing helps to retain the shape after the initial adjustments when you slip in your feet for the first time
- The tongue is provided with extra lining and support wings which can elongate to give you a fit you would love
- It comes with anti-microbial Ortholite sockliner that help you to obtain no-fuss feel with heightened comfort.
- Crafted to perfection is the abrasion-resistant rubber right below the heel helps to improve the durability and grip – as well.
- One customer had expressed that water seeps inside the shoe vis-à-vis with trainers from other brands that the customer owns.
- Some consumers claimed that the fit is tad tight
Phantom is a daily trainer and from the design point, it is sharp and a stylish contender in its category. It is one of the connected shoes of the brand – the Bluetooth sensor is built-in that senses movements and logs all the necessary data so that you remain at the top of your performance.
- Phantom SE is a smart shoe that plonks in what is called “Record Sensor” which has the ability to connect with your phone and log all your steps, distance traversed and get your daily dose of stats to ameliorate your performance. The novelty of this technology is that you don’t have to scout around for your smartwatch to record data for the session.
- It gives you the thrill of “zero gravity feel” and makes you feel lighter so that you can reach the pinnacle of your performance – courtesy UA HOVR technology that is almost there – within touching distance of gravity defying tech stunt.
- Phantom SE is equipped with foam made with unique HOVR technology and compression-mesh Energy Web which helps in energy reciprocation that is harnessed from the impact occurred.
- The upper is all about wrap-knit stretchable which dodges discomfort every time you put on – add more to it, gives a phantom sock-like feel.
- The midfoot is a 3D molded panel with perforations grafted by laser energy to enhance ventilation to new high.
- The need for good stable support is served by the heel counter placed externally.
- The knob-textured rubber outsole is all poised to punch in more traction and pack more durability
- Many consumers reported that it takes a while to get accustomed and sync in with shoe to get the desired optimal performance.
- Few customers have accentuated that the traction slackens on wet surfaces
Under Armour Men’s Lockdown 3 Basketball Shoes is designed to outperform its predecessors and this instalment of lockdown sports a look that adds a zing to the all the moves and is built to boost performance. This mid-high basketball is light and comfortable enough to bring your A game so that you outshine on and off the court.
- The upper is made of breathable mesh material.
- The overlays which a blend of soft leather and synthetic reinforces the upper and doubles up as a support to the lateral and medial sections
- It has a pronounced air mesh breathable tongue that aids in ventilation and helps to dispel heat into the air
- For extra protection and guard, it comes with toe cap made of TPU material
- It has the right dose of cushioning assisting your foot to snuggle in and ensure every step is gently absorbed – thanks to die-cut EVA insole
- The midsole is constructed with molded EVA that is sure to give you a lightweight and swift response
- Ace your performance with its solid rubber outsole architected with pattern to give you better traction on and off court
- Few consumers have expressed their dismay for the short laces
- Some users are dissatisfied with the way overall ventilation system programmed in the shoe
The Charged Ultimate 3.0 training shoes are envisaged for people who love to work out and sweat it out and is capable to endure the rigours of your session. It comes with a revamped low-cut silhouette look making it a stylish proposition than its predecessor.
- The upper is a breathable mesh and has all the attributes – lightweight and flexible
- Synthetic forefoot strap coupled with the synthetic overlay from the heel all the way to the medial section offer additional support and durability
- The proprietary Charged Cushioning midsole is designed for shock-absorption so that you can scale new-heights in performance.
- The non-marking rubber outsole enhances traction
- The tread pattern is customed and engineered to boost traction and render good level of grip.
Basis various complaints, some wearers have found the upper and the backstay hard which necessitates break-in period
The Under Armour HOVR Rise are light weight training shoes that are designed with UA’s HOVR to endure the grind of tough and intensive workout sessions.
- UA HOVR technology helps in providing ‘zero gravity feel’ to ensure the energy is re-triggered to counter impact.
- Molded UA HOVR foam is covered by compression mesh which in UA’s lingo is called energy web – this amalgamation serves the foot with cushion and added support ensuring the foot is powered by the energy it gets with the steps taken.
- The lightweight upper is made of mesh which is breathable and overlayed with 3D print making it more wear-resistant.
- The rubber outsole accommodates intensive training style.
- The rear part of the HOVR Rise sports external TPU heel counter to give stability during the movement or running
- Some wearers have expressed their concern about the laces being thin which makes it difficult to lace them up
Things To Consider Before Buying A Pair Of Under Armour Shoes
1. COMFORT & FIT
Select a shoe that fits your feet and aim for one that is shaped like your foot. Do remember a shoe that fits well can prevent foot ailments
Ventilation is one of the key things to keep you ticking without any discomfort. One must choose a shoe that has a breathable material so that it doesn’t give rise to discomfort even after wearing for long
It is of paramount importance to consider the type of surface you run on and ensure that the compatibility of the outsole serves you well.
The element of cushioning in the midsole, the side lining, heel drop should be prioritized so that you derive ultimate gratification.
Can I wash Under Armor shoes?
Yes, you can wash Under Armour shoes. The wash & care instructions are detailed out with every pair.
Where are the Under Armour products made?
According to the recently published data, 55% of the company’s products are made in China, Jordan, Vietnam, and Malaysia.
What is under Armour most famous for?
Under Armour is famous for its moisture-wicking t-shirts.
Is under Armour available in India?
Under Armour is available in India. The Under Armour plans to open more retail stores in India.
Well, there you have it all from the world’s third largest sportswear brand after Nike and Adidas – a curated list of best Under Armour Men shoes available in India.
Make the best use of the information stated here because your shoes should always be a happy marriage between comfort and excellence. And, it is time to ace your performance by donning a pair of Under Armour shoes and push your limits.